Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

First Baby Blanket is finished!

Here is the baby blanket I just finished for my sis-in-law's new grandson in Mexico.  I was inspired by the wonderful photos and instructions on the attic24 blog I have mentioned before.

 The blanket is made with Lion Brand Cotton-Ease yarn.  I think it will be perfect for cool summer nights up in the mountains in Mexico!


This photo is a little dark.  I used the lime green as the last round for each square, then used it again to join the squares together. 

 After joining all the squares, I put four rounds (four different colors) around the entire outside, then finished off with the lime green.

 Sylvester really likes it - he is a bit lime green himself!

Well Sylvester is not really supposed to be standing up in his chair - but here he is giving the blanket his seal of approval!  Say Adios Sylvester - the blanket is going to Mexico!

The next blanket is going to be very similar, but with a wool yarn (because the baby lives in Norway).  Right now there are colorful little squares piled up all over the place - nothing sewn together yet.  Maybe it will be finished in about a week???

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Ok.......after seeing yours, I'm redoing the entire outside of mine. Yours is just beautiful! Great pictures, and I think I can follow those to figure it out. Thanks!

    Dulcy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments...