Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

It's Bunny Time!

I love bunnies.  Easter week is a great time for lovin' the bunnies.

The first bunny in my collection was made by my son when he was in kindergarten (or possibly first grade?).  It was a gift to me.  I love it.

When I first started rug hooking, I was very drawn to patterns with rabbits.  I have branched out some - but I know there are many more rabbit rugs in my future - in fact there is one on my frame right now!  (I'll get that on here when it is finished...)

Here is my very first hooked rug - or should I say the rug that got me hooked!  This is an Anita White pattern.

Shortly after the little bunny mat was completed I ordered this Warren Kimble pattern.  When Anita showed it to me I thought it was huge!  I know better now - but it still looked huge at the time.  I love the square pennies and the hit or miss rows in the border.  And of course, I love the bunny...

The rug below is from Dogwood Hooked Art.  I improvised a bit...  I gave the rabbit a carrot to hold (actually he pulled it up from the garden and is about to eat it).  At the time I was working on this rug, my friend Anne was doing a series of rugs for her kitchen with sayings on them so I decided I wanted a saying on this rug.  I replaced the flowery space in the bottom of the original design with my saying... Carpe Carota.  Yes, the Latin word for carrot (or the closest thing they had to a carrot at that time) is carota.  SEIZE THE CARROT. 

This little mat is a William Morris inspired design.  It is very sweet...

My Mom (an antiques dealer) is a great source of bunnies for my collection.  I'm pretty sure all three of these came from her.  The large white one is wonderful - very old, made of wool.

Happy Bunny Week everyone!


1 comment:

  1. When shopping it is imperative to shop around and fake watches the many options that online shopping provides. You can buy a Bulova men's diamond watch online and pay less than virtually all retail jewelry stores. Many tag heuer replica uk are now becoming online jewelers meaning they are doing all of their sales solely online. Consequently, they are able to offer consumers brand new authentic items at rolex replica. The caveat is not all online jewelers can offer discounts. The key is knowing which replica watches sale have the best deals. Conventional thinking says go to sites like eBay and Bidz. However, you need to be warned many of the offers and replica watches sale that display unbelievable prices is not genuine authentic jewelry. You literally have to read the fine print to see if the company is hublot replica watches. Failure to do so could cost you some major hard earned money.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments...